When we deliver services and information through our website we want to make sure these are useful, reliable and easy to use. To make this happen, it sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling the website to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information multiple times during one task,
- measuring how many people are using online services so we can make sure that there is enough capacity to make them work efficiently, and look at ways we can make them easier to use.
- measure how you use the site so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- provide data to help understand how a website and it's services are used
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
A session cookie is a reference to you for the duration of your visit on the site. It enables us to secure our forms by checking that no one else is pretending to be you. The cookie only lasts as long as your visit.
Remember My Details
When you select "Use a cookie to remember this" we set a cookie to remember who you are. This might be, for example, when entering your postcode to find local information or logging in to the site. This cookie will last for 1 year from when it is first set. After this time, or if you delete the cookie yourself, you will need to re-enter your details on your next visit.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this site. We do this to make sure the site is meeting the needs of our users and to help us improve it.
Every time you visit our site, Google Analytics software creates 'anonymous analytics' cookies. These cookies are used to tell us:
- how many people are using our site and how long they are using it for
- the different ways people have used to get to our site
Google analytics cookies from this website
|_utma||Used to determine the number of unique visitors to the site||2 years|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on our site||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser|
When you close your browser
|_utmv||This provides information about how you reached our site (eg from another website or a search engine)||2 years|
|_utmz||Used to store variable data by visitor||6 months|
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.